Linwoods have created a recipe especially for National Cake Week.
Not only is the recipe vegetarian and gluten-free, it also uses Linwoods’ Flaxseed, Cocoa & Mulberries blend with added calcium, iron and magnesium, giving you that extra health boost whilst still feeding those chocolate cravings.
CHOCOLATE, FIG & STRAWBERRY CAKE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 100g dark chocolate, broken up into pieces
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25g gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons Linwoods Flaxseed, Cocoa & Mulberries
- 5g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh figs, halved
- Strawberries, halved
- Flaked almonds, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake In.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then set aside while you mix together the flour, flaxseed, coconut sugar, cacao, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add to the mixture along with the eggs and vanilla and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into the tin and smooth out evenly. Arrange the fruit on top however you like, then bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool then pop out of the tin, scatter over flaked almonds and cut into slices.