Head Pastry Chef Steve Penny at Royal Lancaster London has shared his recipe for his delicious but simple Honey Pannacotta dessert, available at the hotel’s restaurant, Island Grill.
- 1 litre of Cream
- 50g of Caster Sugar
- 100g of Honey
- 10g of Gelatine Powder
- 30ml of water
- Step 1: Combine the cream, sugar and honey and pour the mixture into a saucepan. Bring to the boil until everything has dissolved into the cream, then turn off the heat.
- Step 2: Soften the gelatine powder in the water, and then add to the warm cream.
- Step 3: Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds and leave to set overnight.
- Step 4: To serve, dip the moulds into a bowl of warm water for a few seconds and the pannacotta should come out nicely into a bowl.
- Step 5: Serve with fresh berries and enjoy!
The hotel is home to ten beehives on its second-floor roof. The honey bees pollinate the Lime trees in Hyde Park, located directly opposite the hotel, allowing the Bee Team to harvest a light, citrusy honey which is served in the hotel’s sustainable restaurant, Island Grill, as well as within banqueting dishes and afternoon tea.
Royal Lancaster London, Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY
Reservations on 020 7551 6000 or visit wwww.royallancaster.com