Hands up if you’re like me, who put hitting the gym in a list of New Year resolutions. I don’t usually fall into the cliché, but when I found out I put on over a stone, yep a stone, since summer, I was a little shocked and definitely required change.
Can’t help but blame my birthday for that. Or so that’s what the food junkie in me will blame it on; my age, and not the lack of exercise or types of food I was eating.
According to Women’s Health, by the late twenties, many women notice they can’t eat the same things they used to without gaining weight and that weight doesn’t fall off as easily as it once did. They also state office jobs may be to blame for the podgy gain. I hear that.
It’s no wonder why metabolism receives 14.8k searches each month in the UK alone when it slows down as we get older. But you can maintain that, here’s how:
- Eat protein with every meal
- Say hello to apple cider vinegar before
- Eat more salmon. Fatty acids are the real deal, here.
- Embrace high intensity interval training
- Drink hot water and lemon
- Supplements! Probiotic supplements!
- Up your magnesium intake with supplements such as KalmAssure Magnesium Powder
- 24-hour fasting once a month
We’re well into the third month of the year and it’s never too late to kick start.