Icelandair has launched of its Incredible Stopover offering. Dyrhólaey lighthouse, a never before stayed in lighthouse, on the central south coast of Iceland has been given a magnificent transformation into a stunning private hotel for a limited time only.
Consumers have the opportunity to book the lighthouse together with a luxury stay in new suites at Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina and a range of amazing activities as part of an incredible package when taking an Icelandair Stopover.
The over-a-century-old lighthouse is the only active lighthouse where visitors can stay, making it the most exclusive accommodation in Iceland. It sits at one of the southern most points of the country, in the stunning surrounding area of Vík í Mýrdal. The lighthouse offers breath-taking views in all directions, including the endless Icelandic coastline, impressive Mýrdalsjökull glacier and a huge arch of lava which reaches out to the sea.
Top Icelandic interior designer, Guðbjörg Magnúsdóttir has transformed the impressive castle-shaped lighthouse into an outstanding Icelandic haven. Themed with tones and hues from the surrounding area and finished with understated simplistic touches such as locally made Icelandic wool blankets and traditional furnishings, ultimate comfort and luxury are key in this spectacular location.
Icelandair have developed the package to highlight their Stopover service, which offers transatlantic passengers the option to take a Stopover in Iceland for up to seven nights at no additional airfare. With possible routes now connecting 25 European destinations to 14 North American cities, taking an Icelandair Stopover is easier than ever.
Birkir Hólm Guðnason CEO at Icelandair comments, “We wanted to celebrate our Stopover offering by giving passengers an otherwise unobtainable and truly Incredible Stopover in Iceland. We are thrilled to have been able to work closely with Icelandair Hotels to develop this offering. We hope to blow our passengers’ expectations away as they enjoy a luxurious stay in an absolutely stunning and exclusive location. Our country is engulfed in natural beauty and we chose Dyrhólaey lighthouse as our incredible venue as its spectacular setting represents some of Iceland’s unique characteristics.”
In addition to their stay in this unbeatable location, consumers will be given the choice of adding a selection of incredible activities to make their trip complete. This will include a private guide, an unforgettable helicopter tour with Norðurflug Helicopter Tours, exploring the enchanting Gljúfrabúi, Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, hiking up Sólheimajökull glacier or horse riding, discovering the beautiful black beach at Reynisfjara and a relaxing trip to Fontana Spa.
The lighthouse will be operated by Icelandair Hotel Vík, which will offer a personal meet and greet on arrival and provide a delicious local breakfast.
The Incredible Stopover will be available for Icelandair transatlantic passengers to enjoy from 1st September to 1st November 2015. The package includes one night at the lighthouse, one night at Hotel Reykjavik Marina and the full selection of incredible activities. Prices start from €2,785 per person for a group of four people. Booking and further details on the Incredible Stopover and bespoke packages are available from Icelandair.com/Stopover.
The Incredible Stopover Experience is available from 1st September – 1st November 2015 and includes:
Prices start from €2,785 per person for a group of four people
- The quote includes one night in a suite at the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina and one night in the lighthouse, including continental breakfast, together with a selection of incredible activities and airport transfers in a luxury vehicle
- The activities include a helicopter tour of Reykjavik with Norðurflug Helicopter Tours, private guided tour in a Super Jeep from Reykjavik to the lighthouse (includes stopping off at Gljúfrabúi, Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, a hike on Sólheimajökull glacier or horse riding at Skálakot, a trip to the black beach at Reynisfjara) and a visit to Fontana Spa
- Optional extras all bookable online at Icelandair.com/Stopover
- The lighthouse is only bookable for one group at a time and accommodates max four to five people (two double bedrooms and one small bedroom with a single bed)
- The lighthouse is approximately 82 square metres
- Alternative bespoke packages are available at Icelandair.com/Stopover